Very cool comparison of the old and new logos. Some are progressive, some are underwhelming, some are downright stupid. My analysis:
- Kraft had one of the most solidly recognizable brands in existence, but modified their logo not once but twice in ’09.
- Sony did the smart thing and finally dropped the spelled out version of their PS3 logo (which used the same typeface as the Spider-Man movies).
- The City of Melbourne, Australia took their identity in a pretty darned bold direction.
- Doctor Who went from bad to worse.
- Lays failed to seize an opportunity: they could have inserted a tiny “Get” in front of the “Baked!” on their non-fried potato chip bags.
And here’s their Best and Worst Identities of 2009 – Brand New